Pomegranate is a tasty and healthy fruit, whose skins have many healing properties. Usually taken to throw them away. The peel is rich in vitamins and trace elements. Its beneficial properties are used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Making dried pomegranate is easy at home if you know the specifics and methods of drying it.
Specificity of drying crusts
If the pomegranate is loved in the family, and there is enough peel from it, you can start drying. Drying pomegranate peel involves several steps:
- A selection of pomegranate fruits. A medium sized pomegranate should be fresh, well ripened. Color skins - rich red without stains.
- Preparation for drying - the fruit is thoroughly washed under hot running water and dried with a napkin or towel.
- The separation of the peel from the grains. Do it with your hands or cut with a knife. Carefully make the grains remain intact. Loose soft part can not be dried, it must be removed. For drying use only the painted peel.
- Peeled crusts are cut into thin strips or cubes. You can not do this and dry them in the form that turned out after cleaning. Raw material is ready for drying.
Methods of drying crustsPomegranate peels must be carefully removed before drying.
When drying pomegranate peels, use different ways. To do this, use of household appliances:
- an oven;
- electric dryer;
In addition to appliances, dried in the sun, on the windowsill and above the stove.
In the ovenRinse peels thoroughly before drying in the oven.
The process of cooking dried pomegranate peels is often carried out in the oven of both electric and gas stoves. This can be done in the following way:
- Prepare the rind for drying - wash, dry, peel and chop them.
- Heat the oven to 60 ° C.
- Put the pan with the crusts in the oven for 1-2 hours. Sometimes mix and follow, so as not to overdry.
To dry in the oven simply and quickly not only pomegranate but also pepper, cabbage and eggplants. Does not require time and attention.
In the dryerVOLTERA 1000 lux dryer is excellent for preparing dried pomegranate peels
It is easy to dry the peel in an electric drier, the VOLTERA 1000 Lux is best suited for this. With as many as 5 pallets, it can dry an impressive amount of product at the same time.
Washed, dried and peeled from the friable pulp and grains of the crust are laid out on the electrical appliance grids. The temperature set at 50 ° C. For uniform heating and acceleration of drying, the grates are periodically interchanged with each other. Dried skins crunch when pressed and break easily. Likewise, zucchini can be dried in this dryer and candied pumpkin sugar can be prepared.
In the sunSun drying will take a little longer.
Dried pomegranate peels can be harvested using direct sunlight. This can be done on the balcony or on the loggia. Trays with decomposed raw materials must be covered with a light cloth; gauze is most often used for this purpose. Do not forget to mix periodically. Drying lasts about 5-6 days, you can leave to dry trays for a week.
Not bad to use the method in the summer in the heat. In wet rainy weather trays are entered into the room so that the rind is not moldy. In a similar way can be dried asparagus and melon.
On the windowsillThe process will take about a week if left to dry on the right side.
You can dry the pomegranate peel and on the windowsill:
- Pre-washed, dried and peeled from the pulp and grains of the peel cut.
- Evenly laid out on a napkin and cover with gauze.
- Dried during the week.
With the open window in the summer time, the process is accelerated. In the winter help radiators. They are usually located under the windowsills and provide extra heat to speed up the process.
Preparation of pomegranate crusts on the windowsill is not a very convenient and hygienic process.
Above the ovenDrying over the oven is one of the most common ways of drying.
When the oven is turned on, the surface of the cooker can be used to stockpile useful pomegranate crusts. The heat of the oven when cooking and baking it helps to dry the peel. For this you need:
- Pre-prepare pomegranate peels.
- Arrange them on a dish or baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put on a warm surface of the plate until the raw material dries.
- Include hood, if available. Air circulation and heat help to dry the raw material faster.
Dried pomegranate peel does not lose its useful properties for 3 years while creating the necessary conditions. Dried blanks are stored in a package of thick paper in a dry place in a cool place with a temperature of 15-25 ° C. Often dried raw materials are ground to a powder with a grinder or blender. You can use the stupa. Pomegranate powder is stored in a glass jar under a tight lid.
Dried grant applicationA decoction of pomegranate crusts has a mass of healing properties
Regardless of the method chosen, a medicinal product is obtained from dried peel. The use of grant crusts is very diverse, they prepare healing tea for the prevention of colds, with the help of infusions and decoctions they treat intestinal infections, strengthen the immune system and purify the human body. In addition to pomegranate, medicinal properties of dried garlic and beets.