Nowadays, more and more people are trying to grow at least some vegetables on their own. People want to use their crop, which will be exactly pesticide-free and exactly natural. This is possible in the temperate zone, but what should the residents of more northern regions do? For them, the breeders of domestic and foreign research institutes derive many new varieties that are distinguished by earlier maturation and are completely natural. Particularly in this tried on the example of tomatoes, such hybrids include tomatoes Prima Donna, description and characteristics, which you will learn from the article.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Variety of tomato diva was bred specifically for the northern regions, where summer is shorter and not all vegetables can ripen. Officially registered in 2007 in the State Register of the Russian Federation, its cultivation is recommended in both open and closed soils.
The variety belongs to the early ripening, after three months it will be possible to feast on the crop of excellent quality. According to external signs, the plant is fully consistent with the description of the tomato:
- The trunk is thick, dense, bristly, usually has many branches.
- The leaves have a dark green color and shape characteristic of a tomato.
- Fruits in mature form, bright red, rounded, with a small spout.
- The inflorescence is simple.
- The plant belongs to the determinant, can reach 130 cm
Fruits of a grade are especially appreciated, they have pleasant sweet-sour taste and many useful elements which remain even after heat treatment. Fruits of the Diva variety are suitable both for fresh consumption and for preparations for the winter, excellent juices are obtained from them, tomatoes are good and as an additive to salads, you can roll up smaller fruits individually.
Advantages and disadvantages of tomato Prima donna
Tomato Prima Donna has in its archive only positive reviews from gardeners who grew it. Among the advantages should be noted:
- taste great;
- early ripeness;
- not fastidiousness in the care;
- high yield;
- disease resistance;
- possibility of transportation;
- long shelf life;
- resistance to cracking.
Negative qualities of the variety were not found, not a single gardener could voice them.Tomato fruit Prima donna
The peculiarity of growing this variety is that it grows and bears fruit in those places where the rest of the tomatoes do not survive. It is because of this Diva enjoys high popularity among experienced gardeners who have experienced many different tomatoes. It was noticed that high yields are harvested in warm weather, but coolness will not be an obstacle, the crop will be smaller, but no one will be left.
Grow a tomato Prima donna through seedlings. For this it is worth carrying out several preparatory stages:
- First of all, prepare the tank. For this fit plastic containers or homemade wooden boxes. They are better to take wide and not deep.
- Then prepare the soil. For sowing seeds, they use both purchased universal floral substrate and previously harvested land from the site. The second option must undergo disinfection, it can be done in different ways.
- It is also necessary to prepare the seeds, this procedure can take place in different ways. Some simply soak the seeds in a weak solution of potassium permanganate, then wash and sow in the prepared soil. Some other than soaking also germinate the seeds before sowing. To do this, they are placed in a richly moistened natural fabric and ensure that it is always wet. After the appearance of the mini-root, the seeds should be placed in the ground.
Only after these procedures, seeds are guaranteed to ascend and will continue to develop properly in the future.
When sowing, the kernels are placed at a depth of about 1.5 cm and powdered. After plentifully watered and covers the container with a film or thin glass, thus creating a greenhouse effect. Thanks to this seedlings will appear very soon.
Dive is carried out after the appearance of the first pair of true leaves. It is better to plant the plants in separate spacious containers, if this is not possible, then the distance between them should be at least 2 cm.
Landing in open ground
Before planting seedlings in open ground it should be tempered. To do this, for 10-14 days, containers with tomatoes are brought to fresh air, while it is important to observe the temperature, it should be above +15 degrees.
After the threat of frost has passed, the plants are planted in open ground. At the same time it is necessary to follow certain rules:
- per square meter should be no more than 5 plants;
- for planting it is better to choose sunny places where there will be no stagnant moisture;
- when planting, the hole for the plant should be about the same as that of the root earth;
- disembarking is better to carry out a transshipment method in order to minimize injuries of the rhizome;
- watering to make only warmed water.
Departure after disembarkation
After the seedlings are planted in the open ground, the troubles with Tomato Prima donna do not end. To get a high yield it is worthwhile to work a little more beside him:
- During the first week after planting it is necessary to water the saplings daily.
- During the entire period of growth and ripening of fruits, it is necessary to loosen the soil around the bush and free it from weeds.
- If necessary, tie the plant to artificial supports.
This will be the key to a good and rich harvest.
Variety of tomatoes Diva has a strong immunity to all diseases of tomatoes. Additional disinfection is carried out by soaking the seeds in a solution of potassium permanganate.The bushes of tomato varieties Prima donna with fruits
Features of growing
The variety is not whimsical, but still has several secrets of successful cultivation:
- sufficient amount of moisture throughout the entire period of plant development;
- regular application of mineral fertilizers or mullein;
- pasynkovanie bush, the formation of only one stem;
- prophylactic spraying with Bordeaux mixture or other fungicide not later than 2 weeks before harvest;
- transplanting only if there are at least seven true leaves.
By adhering to these tips, you will always be with a harvest of tomatoes with excellent taste.
The Diva Tomato Variety is a versatile early ripe hybrid that grows everywhere. Grow and you have a rich harvest, adhering to our advice.