The best grape varieties are those that are bred by specialists in the selection of the latter, for example, Lily of the Valley. The fact is that they removed the maximum number of flaws, there were only improvements that bring the culture closer to the ideal plants. Most of all this refers to the growers, who themselves love grapes and carry out selection work for personal purposes.
Description of the grape variety Lily of the Valley
Culture appreciated for external data and taste. They relate it to the table, because the berries are well suited to use raw.
Bunches according to the description have ideal conical shapes, they look attractive. One brush can reach a weight of five hundred or more grams.A grade brush can reach a weight of 500 grams
Ripening berries accounted for the end of summer - the beginning of autumn. The vegetation period lasts from one hundred twenty to one hundred thirty-five days. Due to the tallness of the bush and the excellent maturation of the shoots, the culture is considered to be quite prolific.
Harvests tall and stable, because the plant forms bisexual inflorescences, which has a positive effect on pollination, even in those cases when other grape plants are absent in close proximity.
Characteristics of berries
Their oval forms are somewhat elongated and pointed to the tips. The size of the berries is quite large - the average length is 3.6 cm, thickness - 2.2 cm. Weight reaches fifteen grams.
The characteristic skin tone of the grapes is yellow with lemon tones. The density of the skin on the gastronomic indicators have no effect.
The grape variety is known for its taste, the aroma of pulp, which resembles the smells of flowering plants - lily of the valley and white acacia.Lily of the valley berries have a sweet nutmeg taste
The taste is sweet, the aroma of muscat is present, on which the places of cultivation of the culture have no effect. The pulp consistency is fleshy and rather juicy. Sugar level is 17 - 19 percent, acidity - from 5 to 7 grams per liter.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The main advantages include:
- frost resistance (up to - 21 degrees);
- ripe berries, remaining on the vines, do not lose their presentation and taste for a long time;
- stability and high yield;
- simplicity to the soil composition;
- easy reproduction;
- excellent keeping quality berries during storage.
There are also negative points:
- the variety is characterized by moderate resistance to major diseases, the level of which may decrease under adverse weather conditions. This leads to the fact that the plant will have to be regularly (at least three times during the year) subjected to preventive spraying;
- limited habitat that can adversely affect yield;
- insufficient level of knowledge of the variety.
Certain terms for planting this culture have not been established. The event can be performed with the onset of spring heat and until the end of the autumn season.
There are certain points and conditions that should be taken into account during the planting of seedlings. The pit must be prepared sufficiently spacious (1 on 1 by 0.8 m). Its bottom is lined with fertilizers sprinkled with a layer of soil. Preparation of the landing pit perform in advance (several weeks).
The readiness of the seedling for planting is determined by the whiteness of the rhizome, the green tone of the apical cut. It is recommended to hold the newly acquired planting material for a short time in the water, and only after that to land.
The cultivated area should well sunshine and be protected from wind. South destinations are best suited for this. The soil should be light and fertile, then the plants will root quickly and produce good yields.
The close location of groundwater requires mandatory arrangement of quality drainage. The seedling is buried to the root collar, tied to a support post. Minimum landing pattern - 3 by 3 meters.
To improve the result of planting the root system on seedlings is recommended to be treated with a growth-stimulating drug.
Care for a young and mature vine
Culture loves moisture, so in spring and during the dry season it is necessary to water the grapes regularly, mulching the soil with sawdust or moss.During the dry season, the lower part of the trunk of grapes must be mulched
Every autumn is held trimmingin which the shoots removed up to ten eyes. For the winter season, the bushes are sheltered, for which ordinary empty bags are used.
In preventive measures carried out sprayingto protect plants from oidium and mildew. Processing should be done before flowering and during the formation of the ovary.
Dry old foliage and fallen berries must be promptly removed and destroyed. The soil around the vines is constantly loosens.
Planting material on the new site adapts and takes root easily, so it can be propagated in several ways:
- seedlings. A popular method, but the first harvest can be obtained only after three years;
- cuttings. The method is effective, the bush develops and matures early. Helps this stock with a developed root system. But remember that some properties of the cutting may undergo changes;
- layering. Used shoots of plants. They bend down and drop in the ground. If the weather is warm and watering is done in a timely manner, rooting takes place quite quickly. After some time, the outlet can be cut off and landed at a new location;
- seeds. The method of growing stones is simple, but the longest in time. The first harvests can be obtained no earlier than in five years.
Peculiarities of this variety
Plant is different tallreaching the four-meter mark, so the bushes will have to be formed from the very beginning, cutting the vines from the first years of their development.
Only bad weather can affect the decrease in yield.
If the ripe berries continue to stay on the plant for a long time, then their flesh gradually loses its elastic texture and becomes softer.
Diseases and pests
The main enemy for culture is wasps. They cope with them with the help of special traps, baits, chemical treatments, destruction of nests.
The hybrid plant enjoys well-deserved popularity, it grows actively, it matures well. Gardeners breeding this variety for more than five years, declare its excellent taste characteristics, long-term storage of the crop, excellent external data.