Most of us associate grapes with summer. And for any gardener and gardener is difficult to imagine a manor house without him. A special place among all varieties of grapes is Nizina. It is about him further and will be discussed.
Nisin grape variety description
Let's start with a description of the variety. The hybrid appeared thanks to the breeder N. V. Krainova and such grape varieties as Talisman and Kishmish.
If you follow all the recommendations for the care of the mouth, you can get a bunch weighing 0.7 kg. While sometimes it can reach a weight of 3 kg.
As for the maturation of the variety, the grapes belong to the middle ones. You can get a harvest in 125-145 days after the appearance of the first full-blown eyes. It all depends on the region of growing grapes.
From this it follows that under optimal conditions the first harvest can be harvested at the end of August. If we move closer to the north of the country, then in early September.Bunches of grapes nisin on the vine
Characteristics of berries
The berries are oval-shaped, slightly tapered towards the end. They have a red-purple color, sort of gleaming in the sun. The percentage of sugar in the fruit - 17-18%, acidity - 8-9 g / l. The average weight of a berry varies in the region of 10-12 grams.
A distinctive feature of the berries is the early period of staining. Two weeks before full ripening, the clusters acquire a rich color and seem ready to harvest.Lowlands berries closeup
Advantages and disadvantages
Any grape variety has its positive and negative sides. Consider them in more detail.
The advantages of the variety Nizin include:
- good ripening periods, allowing to grow grapes practically everywhere in Russia;
- fruits are not susceptible to pea;
- great taste;
- amazing presentation;
- safety of the variety during long-term transportation;
- high frost resistance;
- good resistance to the most common diseases for example, gray rot and oidium.
The disadvantages of grapes include:
- if you plant grapes close to each other, you get a bad harvest. Here it is necessary to provide space for food;
- mandatory grape rationing;
- the presence of 2-3 seeds for some drawback. Because it makes it difficult to enjoy the taste of grapes.
For planting varieties Nizina seedlings is extremely important to properly prepare the pit. It is best to do this in the fall, so that the compost filled in will have time to saturate the soil with nutrients. If you plan to plant bushes in the autumn time, then 2-3 weeks before that, it is recommended to prepare a pit so that the land with fertilizers can subside.
Digging a hole is deep and not less than 0.7 m wide. This will allow filling it with potassium salt, superphosphate, nitrogen and compost in the right quantity. Practice shows that for one bush you need about one bucket of fertilizer.
In order to compact the soil at the roots of the vine, a bucket of water flows into the middle of the pit. After the planting itself, the cutting is again watered, but in two buckets.Grape cuttings ready for planting
Since for the Nizin hybrid you need enough space for normal development, it is worth leaving a distance of about three meters between individual saplings and 4 m between rows.
At the stage of falling asleep pit, establish and support to the seedling. This will cover and protect it in the winter without damaging the young plant. Around the cutting necessarily spread mulch from dry grass, seed husks or straw. Thus, they warm the vine, protect it from pests, keeping moisture inside the earth.
Care for a young and mature vine
- Nisin needs a lot of moisture. That is why in droughts it is extremely important to water the bush in time;
- for the preservation of moisture in the soil, after watering this place is immediately covered with mulch;
- It is desirable to produce top dressing bushes. As a fertilizer, you can take what was used during planting;
- Lowland bushes are recommended to form in the fall by pruning. In this case, the best option - multi-fan fan molding;
- as a preventive measure, it is recommended to regularly use means against plant diseases.
The easiest way to buy a seedling on the market or via the Internet, but you can create it yourself, taking it from a neighbor. To do this, you can go in three ways:
- seedlings, when all the features and value of the variety are retained;
- graftingwhen the fruits can be seen next year. This allows you to significantly accelerate the process of ripening grapes. But it is better to plant on a plant of the same variety in order to preserve the taste and characteristics of the grafted shoot;
- challenges reduce the risk that the escape will not take root. For withdrawal, it is recommended to prepare an escape that is closest to the ground, prikadav its middle part. After some time, he will take root and take root. Then prikopanny escape is chopped off, and you can transplant it to another place.
Diseases and pests
Moldia, gray rot, iodium - enemies who are not afraid of Nizin. But nevertheless in the preventive purposes to make spraying is necessary. For this purpose, you should pay attention to the specialized tool "Antrakol". It is recommended to use in spring and autumn. In winter, it is useless.
Plus, the bees do not attack this grape variety. What naturally positive quality.
Now you know about the features of planting and caring for Nizin grapes. Difficulties here should not arise. The main thing is to follow all the recommendations of our article.