The Veles grape is a seedless variety that has gained popularity with most gardeners because of its many merits. Has a good yield, simple rules in the care, and the fruit - an attractive appearance. The description of this variety is presented below.
Description grapes varieties Veles
Presented by breeders - as a result of crossing the Sofia and Rusbol varieties. The first time the variety was discovered by the breeder V. Zagorulko. from Ukraine, in 2008. This is a hybrid raisin grape - without seeds. The most optimal conditions for growth is considered to be a temperate climate. The most popular on the territory of Ukraine, Russia, Belarus.Large clusters of grapes Veles
Maturing term - early, well pollinated. The vine grows rapidly. On each shoot - up to 3-5 inflorescences. The bush bears fruit well, so the vine is able to withstand a heavy load of grapes. The clusters themselves are large - weighing from 0.5 kg to 3.2 kg, have a conical shape. The first fruits can be collected after 95 - 100 days after the beginning of the growing season - somewhere in the middle and end of August. On average, with one bush you can get up to 5-6 kg of fruit.
The variety has resistance to frost up to 20 ° C. But, all the same, it requires shelter for the winter. In regions where the winter temperature significantly exceeds -20 ° C, this variety should not be planted, since it is most likely to freeze.
The berries are very large (1 berry - up to 6 grams). Fruits are pink in color, with amber clarity, thin skin and pleasant aroma. Pulp with good density, fleshy and juicy.
Many gardeners choose this variety because of several advantages:
- Fruits are unusual pleasant taste and aroma.
- Does not require special care conditions and landing.
- Young seedlings take root very fastabout.
- Subject to the minimum rules for the care of a grape plant happy rich harvest.
- Berries do not have pits.
- And clusters, and berries well carry transportation even for long distances.
- Fruits hold tight on the branches - up to 47 days.
- Allows you to quickly and beautifully to make a trellis.
- Fruits have perfect presentationtherefore ideal for sale in the market.
The variety has only one drawback in cultivation and care - the vitality of the bush decreases with increased humidity. Yield falls. Abundant moisture will adversely affect the size of the berries, their transportability, taste.
What important factors should be considered when planting?
- This grape variety can be grown and propagated by any method, except for seeds. It is best to use seedlings, which can be purchased in special nurseries, and prepare yourself. When choosing a seedling pay attention to its integrity. It should not be damaged, especially for the root system.
- Landing time. Both autumn and spring planting has its advantages and disadvantages. Planting in the spring is an ideal time, because there are warm days ahead, which will allow you to quickly take root and strengthen the seedling. So the bush more steadily survive the winter cold. When spring planting in the second year, you can enjoy the first berries. The spring planting has two drawbacks - it is difficult to choose a high-quality healthy seedling and you can miscalculate with planting.
- How to choose a site? Soil preparation. Veles, like most other grape varieties, requires well-lit places for growing. To have a good yield and healthy vine, you need to take care of the absence of drafts. The soil should be fertile and well pass air and the necessary moisture. Soil bogging is not allowed. Black soil is best suited. Planting bushes and counting on a good harvest, you need to take into account the distance between the seedlings - at least 1-1.5 m. This also allows you not to thicken the vineyard.
Phased planting grapes Veles
Features that must be considered
- Select and prepare the seedling itself. When choosing a seedling, its roots must be white, and a cut must be present. Before planting, the purchased plant is treated with means for rapid rooting and placed in water for 24-48 hours.
- Prepare a pit worth earlier. When spring planting - prepare more in the fall, in the autumn - for 2 weeks. The site near the pit is fertilized and dug.
- The dimensions of the pit should not be less than 80 by 80 cm. At the bottom lay a mixture of fertile soil, humus and mineral fertilizers.
- Seedling put in a hole so that the root neck is on the surface of the soil. Carefully cover the pit so as not to damage the young plant and its roots.
- After falling asleep the soil is watered abundantly (at least 2 buckets) and carry out mulching and loosening.
Important aspects of care, both for the young and for the mature vine:
Grapes require extensive watering, but not frequent. For him enough 3-4 abundant watering per season: during bud break, in front of the ovary of flowers, during the formation of the very fruits. After that, be sure to mulch.
They actively influence the growth and high-quality fruiting of Veles. Both organic and mineral complexes can be used as feed. But it is worth remembering that an overabundance of minerals negatively appear on the fruit.
Forming a bush, trimmingTo improve the maturation of the shoots and to improve the quality of the Veles grape harvest with the help of spring pruning and normalization
This process is simply necessary because it allows you to get rid of unhealthy branches, to direct the growth of branches in the right direction, to regulate the quality of clusters. Pruning and the formation of the bush is best done in the fall, but is allowed in early spring. To do this, the shoots are shortened by an average of 7-9 holes. In regions where winters are very harsh, it is possible and in short. In the spring of mandatory removal of weak, dry branches.
Improving the efficiency of watering will help the correct mulching. For grapes, it is best to take forest moss, sawdust, peat. The average layer of mulch is no more than 3-4 cm.
How to vaccinate?
You need to choose only healthy stocks and cuttings. The cutting is cut off by a wedge, and the split stock is well trimmed. After the stalk is placed in the stock, it is strongly tightened with a durable cloth.
WinteringVeles grape variety should be sheltered for the winter
Velez requires mandatory cover for the winter. Young plants can be covered with plastic bottles, sprinkling leaves, hay, or straw into them. And for a more mature vine to use a film, forming a tunnel from it.
Diseases and pests
Veles is resistant to hybrid diseases, but can often be affected by fungal diseases. After the color or bunches of grapes are amazed, they cannot be saved, therefore, it is important to carry out timely preventive measures. For spraying selected specially selected drugs or herbicides.
Grapes Veles practically has no competitors in their field. The fruits have good characteristics, and the prices of seedlings are affordable. In addition, due to the good quality of fruit and transportability - Velez can be a good way to make a profit.