Grape juice is called the gift of the gods and a life-giving elixir. His miraculous power has been known since time immemorial. It supports the immune system, is an antioxidant, strengthens the bones and heart, serves as a source of vitality and delivers true pleasure.
It is not difficult to prepare a natural and delicious grape juice at home with your own hands, and its quality will be a hundred times better than a similar drink bought at a store.
Basic rules for making juice at home
To get high-quality grape juice it is necessary to approach the question of its preparation with skill.
- choose the most juice-containing varieties so that you can squeeze a lot of liquid
- remove diseased and damaged berries;
- comply with the indicators of sugar content and acidity;
- minimize the time of interaction of the pulp with the resulting product.
How to choose grape varieties for making juice
Theoretically, the juice can be made from any grapes bought on the market. In practice, experts recommend using only wine varieties. The taste characteristics of the resulting drink will depend on the initial color of the berry, on the indicators of its aroma, acidity and sugar content.
Of the dark wine grapes, otherwise they are called black, most often prepare the juice at home. There are more than ten of them, the most popular are:
- "Cabernet" - world-famous wine variety. Its aroma is recognizable by the characteristic smell of the nightshade. The color of the berries comes in all shades of blue with juicy flesh inside. Sugar content 20%. The Cabernet variety produces a sweet-sour and pleasant-tasting drink.
- "Isabel" record for flavor and yield. It is known for its unique strawberry aftertaste. The berries have a high sugar content of 18% and low acidity, and juicy flesh is ideal for making beverages.
Light varieties can be green or straw color. The best drink is obtained from nutmeg varieties. However, other light varieties are quite suitable for making high-quality drinks. Among their great variety, you can safely choose:
- "Bianca" - this technical light grape is from Hungary. The color of the berries is yellowish with a slight shade of green, sugar content of about 28%. Tasty and juicy pulp optimally for the preparation of grape nectar.
- "Delight white" - wine grapes. It is gaining popularity and is the pride of the Russian collection. Its large berries have 26% sugar content and a unique, harmonious taste. Ideal for making wine and delicious food.
Try to mix the juice of dark and light grapes: you have not tried such a tasty drink yet! Also, grape nectar can be prepared with the addition of apple.Grape Bianca, suitable for making juice
Recipes for making grape juice for the winter
To prepare a grape drink you need to decide in advance on the recipe for its preparation. In practice, often used:
- classical (by pressing or manual pressing);
- traditional (by using a juicer);
- modern (by means of the juice cooker);
- concentrated cooking recipe.
The classic recipe for yourself
The best grape juice of the first extraction is obtained by cold pressing. However, not every owner has a professional press. How to be here? Suffice it to recall the film "The Taming of the Shrew" and the answer to the question will come by itself. You will need:
- Manually separate the ripe berries from the ridge.
- Rinse with water and allow excess moisture to drain.
- Crush the berries with your hands through a nylon stocking (with your feet in the pelvis), squeeze with a press or with a usual wooden “tolkushka”.
- Quickly drain the resulting liquid from the pulp.
- Defend the concentrate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from sediment, filtering through double gauze or nylon.
- Dilute with water for 1 liter of juice / 100 ml of water.
- Pour into sterile jars and sterilize them in boiling water at the rate of 1 l / 20 min.
- Roll up the lid, turn it over, wrap and cool.
There is no sugar in the recipe, it can be added to taste. If you wish to increase the yield of the drink "according to the classical method" by adding a decoction of the obtained mash.Ripe selected grapes for making juice
Get quick grape nectar through a juicer. In this case, the bones will be crushed, which will give it a slightly tart taste.
- Remove the berries from the comb, remove the diseased fruit.
- Rinse under running water.
- Load into the machine for cooking berries parts.
- Periodically clean the device from the bones and skin.
- Strain the resulting liquid through gauze or capron.
- Pour into pan.
- Neutralize the taste of seed 1 part of pure water.
- Pour sugar into the pan at the rate of 1 liter of liquid / 50 g of sugar.
- Boil after boiling for 15 minutes.
- Pour into sterile jars, roll up, cool in an inverted form.
Without the hassle of getting a delicious grape juice will help the juice maker. To do this you will need:
- Remove ripe and healthy fruit from the ridge, some of the branches can be left.
- Wash the collection and let the water drain.
- Prepare a juice cooker according to the instructions.
- Sugar pour between portions of berries.
- The resulting liquid is poured into sterile cans, roll up the lid, cool.
- Store in a cool place.
Recipe for Concentrated Juice
This recipe is the most natural. It is prepared without sugar and water. The output is very tasty and thick concentrate that can be consumed in its pure form or diluted with sugar syrup before serving.
The method of its preparation is similar to the classic one.
- Prepare ripe, healthy, clean berries.
- Squeeze any means at hand.
- Strain the liquid through 2 layers of gauze, nylon or a fine sieve.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes from the moment of boiling.
- The finished product is poured into sterile jars or bottles.
- Cork and clean in a dark, cool place.
If the grapes are harvested after the rain, the berries do not need to be washed. Excess moisture lowers sugar. It is necessary to wash only dusty fruits. Clusters collected in late autumn contain the maximum amount of sugar. Drink from such grapes turns out the most delicious.Press for juice machine methods
How to make juice with bones
The recipe is suitable for "lazy" hostesses, it greatly simplifies the cooking process.
To obtain it you will need: 5 kg of grapes, 2 liters of water, 0.8 kg of sugar.
- Berries are separated from the ridge.
- Rinse if necessary.
- Put the grapes in an enamel saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 30 minutes, stirring methodically.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add sugar.
- Stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour on sterilized banks, cork, cool.
- Store in a dark, cool place.
Grape juice improves appetite and gives energy for the whole day. It is recommended for children and adults, the sick and healthy. Be sure to cook it for the winter with one of the suggested recipes. Thus, your table will always be natural vitamins that will help to survive the cold seasons with benefit and taste.