In the human diet must necessarily be present such a product as fish. You can buy it in any store or on the market, but you can also grow it yourself: Of all freshwater fish species, a relative of the wild carp carp is most beneficial for breeding - carp. It is about how to breed this fish in the backyard in small ponds or pools and will be discussed in this article.
Advantages and disadvantages of breeding carps
Independent cultivation of carp has both its advantages and disadvantages.
- Fast growth - Unlike other members of its family, this cultural species is growing very rapidly, reaching weight up to 400-500 grams by the end of the first year. At the end of the second year, the fish is able to achieve a commercial weight of 1 kg.
- Simplicity - carp is not so whimsical about the content of oxygen in the water like most river freshwater fish.
- High quality meat - it is this fish is soft, tasty and has a relatively small number of small bones.
- Frequent morbidity fish with a very dense population of capacity
- Initial costs for the purchase of fry and device pool is quite high
Breeding technology at home
Purchase of fry
Buy fry should only in specialized fish farms having a good reputation and working for quite some time.
It is better to transport the purchased fry in spacious buckets or fishing channels. Water is better to take from a pond or lake in extreme cases - rain.
Catering - what and how to feedIf carps get a balanced and nutritious diet, then in 9 months it’s quite realistic to grow a half-kilogram fish.
Feed the launched carp should be twice a day:
- Early in the morning - when the sun rose and warmed up enough water
- In the eveningbefore sunset
It is better to use as feed:
- Finely chopped rain worms
- Aft bloodworms
- Larvae caddis
- Steamed cereals - oats, wheat, barley
- Bread rye
In order for all sorts of bottom microorganisms to be present in the basin, small crustaceans with which the carp feeds on it, it is necessary to periodically add water from a nearby pond or lake. It is also necessary to periodically feed fish with special compound feeds.
In order to periodically catch the largest copies feed the fish in the same place having made in it a small tray in which the feed will fall asleep
Food should be filled up in small portions so that it is completely eaten by fish and not dropped to the bottom of the tank, rotting there over time and causing a deterioration in water quality.
Running the fish into the pool
Run the fry should be bought either in spring or autumn.
It is necessary to start fry in spring when water warmed to a temperature of 22-25 0WITH.
Conditions of detention and cultivation
Pool location and size
You can either buy a ready-made plastic pool, or pour it yourself.Pools for breeding fish from polypropylene
The most convenient for growing carp on the plot or cottage is a round container of plastic or polypropylene with a diameter of 2 to 3 meters and a depth of at least 1.2-1.5 meters.
It is better to have a container in such a way that a part of it would be sunlit most of the day in summer, while the other would be in the shade. Such an arrangement will help to avoid overheating of the water and allow the fish in the heat to take shelter in the cool shade.
Also pools can be located in frame greenhouses or garage.
Water in the pool should be updated. For this, the following system is mounted:
- Filter with pump drawing water from a nearby stream or small river
- Polyethylene pipe line attached to the pump and supplying water to the tank
- Drain line from a polyethylene pipe of bigger diameter than the giving. Have a drain line at the bottom of the tank and output in a stream or river, installing a tap or cap at the end
If there is no river or a stream nearby, then it is necessary to use water from a well pumped into the pool by a submersible filter pump. Water should then be drained through a filter into the sewer system.
Water in the pool during the growth and development of fish should warm to a temperature of at least 22-25 0WITH, but not more than 30 0WITH.
Such a temperature background is achieved by placing the tank in a sunny place and periodically replacing (draining) a part of the water.
Although carp is unpretentious to the content of dissolved oxygen in water, its A deficiency can lead to a slowdown in growth or complete death of the entire population.Water aeration
To increase the oxygen content, special aerators or low-power compressors should be used.
Propagation carp process is quite laborious. When it comes to catching 2-3 year old fish in the fall, it is necessary to leave several large heterosexual individuals in the tank so that they spawn in spring:
- In order for the carp to multiply make two separate ponds spawning and nursery. Spawning should be 3 × 3 meters in size with a depth of no more than 0.5 meters. The nursery pond should be slightly larger in area and depth. Its optimal size is a square with a side length of 4 meters and a depth of 1.5 meters.
- In the ponds need provide fresh water supply system from a river or stream, well, as well as its discharge
- In early spring when warming up water to 18-20 0From the spawning pond, you must first transplant 1-2 males in the afternoon, and closer to the evening - 1 female
- In order for females to lay their eggs at the pond in advance, reed or cattail, or put freshly cut meadow sod on the bottom
- After fertilized larvae hatch, large carp must be returned to the pool
- After 6-8 days spawning pond should be lowered, and the larvae fished with a small net and transplanted into a nursery pond
- In the nursery pond the larvae should be fed with small bloodworms, special feed, powdered milk
- Before winter, the nursery pond must be pulled down., and grown fry weighing 15-20 grams. transplanted into a pool or a volume home aquarium
What to do in the winter with a carp in the pond
- In winter in a dug in the ground or solid concrete pool carp can overwinter provided the fact that the tank does not freeze to the bottom and sufficient oxygen will get into it
- In order for the container not to freeze after the ice cover sufficiently durable for walking is formed on it cover with a large layer of snow in the absence of such - insulation mats and foil, providing places for drilling holes
- In order to get oxygen into the pool in its ice cover by fishing ice drill need to make a few holes and make sure that they do not freeze
- If the container is located indoors or in a greenhouse, then for winter feeding carp should be reduced, make feed according to fish activity
Business payback for beginners
Breeding carp is not only an opportunity to always have fresh self-grown fish, but also quite profitable business. Let's try to calculate its approximate profitability.
- Pool from polypropylene of 2,7 m3- 26 000 rubles.
- Malek -3000 rub. (500 pieces) full capacity
- Feed - Purchased feed at a rate of 1 bag per month and the duration of feeding minus autumn and winter from May to September (5 months), the cost of purchasing it at the cost of one bag weighing 40 kg in 640 rubles. two years will amount to 6400 rubles.
The total amount of all expenses is 35,400 rubles.
- Taking into account the population density of a tank of a given size not less than 200 year old fry per 1 m3 and the percentage of their deaths in the first year with normal feeding of no more than 5% in the second year in the pool you can grow about 500 carps weighing about 1 kg - 500 kg of fish
- A carp of commercial weight of 1 kg has an average cost of about 130 rubles - the sale of all grown fish will bring 65,000 rubles.
- Excluding all expenses equal to 35,400 rubles. profit is 29 600 rubles., and the estimated profitability of growing carp at home is:
Profitability = (Profit / Expense) × 100 = (29 600/35 400) × 100 = 83.6%
Growing carp in the backyard area can be not only a good hobby, but also a fairly profitable business, even for a novice fish farmer.