Cultivation of meat breeds of hens considered quite profitable and low-cost businesswhich is resorted to both by farmers in small subsidiary farms and by owners of large poultry farms. Most of the meat crosses most popular for breeding, suitable for slaughter mass gain in the first two or four months of age, therefore, the cost of food is not very long. In addition, broilers are more enduring, the level of resistance to disease is higher than that of other varieties of chickens. However, it often happens that broilers start falling to their feet. Why is this happening and what to do in such situations?
Why broiler chickens and chickens fall to their feet, possible causes
More often chickens fall to their feet solely through the fault of the owner, and only in rare cases can the disease be caused. The most common factors of this phenomenon are associated with violations committed in the process of keeping birds. Keeping chickens is not only profitable, but also requires a responsible approach from the very beginning, from the moment of purchase of chicks. Basic mistakes that breeders make when breeding young animals:
- Unsuitable conditions of detention. When finding an increased number of heads in a room with a limited area, very often the chicks begin to fall on their feet. Of course, chickens are kept in cages, but nobody canceled the density of planting, and the recommended density of the number of heads per square meter from birth to one month should not exceed 30. At an older age, chicks are placed at the rate of no more than 10 heads per square meter .
In order to find a way out, you should analyze the situation. For example, if it is clear that the degree of planting density is more than acceptable, then, most likely, the reason lies precisely in this. If a in order to save the chicks were given cheap feed without vitamin supplements, the behavior of the bird can be attributed to the lack of nutrients in the body. Finally if livestock kept in a dark room without access to the sunperhaps the cause is rickets. Measures that can be taken in such cases:
- Add crushed shells to feed, shell from under the eggs, chalk, thus enriching the diet with calcium.
- Add greens to food. Herbs have a high content of vitamins required by broilers for active growth and maintenance of immunity. Chicks begin to give finely chopped green after three days after birth. Initially the amount of greens should not exceed one tenth of the total feed intakeGradually, the amount of grass is reduced to ½. Great for chickens finely chopped nettle.
- Desirable to transfer birds to animal feed. Specialized combined feeds are optimal in their composition and perfectly digested by the bird.
Youngsters get on their feet, paws disperse: disease prevention
The condition when the young broilers can not hold on to their own paws, it is easier to prevent than to look for causes and take urgent measures. For the normal development of chicks, a number of factors are important:
- Compliance population density.
- Compliance temperature conditions.
- Security fresh water and balanced nutrition.
- Compliance cleanliness in the house.
- Security ventilation and lighting in the house.
It is very important that the coop was not only moderately clean, but the necessary amount of light was present, there was no mold, the room was well ventilated. This should avoid drafts. Just hatched kids at first need additional heating in the region of 27-32 degrees. Because of the low temperature, the chicks sit on their feet and die.
Feeding young stock is desirable to carry out the feed from the first days. This will avoid problems associated with vitamin deficiency and as a result, the fall of the bird on its feet. If it is impossible to feed broilers with ready-made combined feeds, it is necessary to independently enrich the diet with vitamins and minerals. For this already daily chicks Fish oil is added to the mash, chopped greens are mixed on the third day, on the fifth day of life add to the diet of vegetables, then feed enriched with calcium using chalk, bone meal and small shells.
Emergency assistance to chicks aged 10-15 days
Experienced farmers say that vodka helps to get babies younger than a month on their feet. The method is common for a long time, widely used by people from time immemorial. If the chick fell on its paws and does not want to get up, it simply buried in the beak a few drops of vodka, after which the baby soon rises, his appetite wakes up. The method is controversial, causing a number of questions, but, according to those who used this technique, is very effective.
основным фактором, позволяющим избежать оседания цыплят на лапы, является грамотный подход к выращиванию бройлеров с учетом всех деталей. правильный уход, хорошее питание, соблюдение норм содержания и вовремя предпринятые меры профилактики способны предотвратить падеж, обеспечив высокую рентабельность разведения домашней сельскохозяйственной птицы.