Raspberry "Hercules" is a remontant variety of universal purpose. A distinctive feature is a rich yield. Leaves, rhizomes and berries have a healing effect.
In this article we will look at the description of the variety of raspberry "Hercules", features of planting and caring for it.
Description of the repair variety
Raspberry remontant "Hercules" bred in the Bryansk region. Received by Russian breeder I.V. Kazakov in Kokinsky Institute. "Hercules" - the result of crossing seedling number 14-205-4 and mid-seasoned Ottom Bliz.
Suitable for breeding in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus. Culture loves light, sandy or loamy soil with a top fertile layer. In the northern areas, gardeners have small yields, the berry does not have a bright taste. Variety "Hercules" is used for home cultivation, as well as industrial purposes.
Gardeners to the distinctive features of the raspberry variety "Hercules" include:
- The bush is sprawling, 1,5-2 meters high. Powerful shoots bring abundant lateral branching.
- Hard spikes, bent down, medium in size, located along the entire surface of the stem.
- Young shoots of a greenish hue, annual - saturated purple to the end of the summer season, covered with a waxy coating. Strong branches do not bend under the abundance of the crop.
- The fruiting area occupies half the height of the shrub.
- Winter hardiness, drought resistance. In snowless winters requires shelter. It is important not to overdo it. The roots of the shrub with excessive covering up perepreyvayut, which leads to the death of the shrub.
- Inflorescences of small size, at the level of the pistil passes stamen.
- Ruby-colored fruits have a pronounced cone shape. The average weight of berries is 6 grams. The fruits are located under the leaves, which hides them from birds.
- The fruit has a pleasant sweet-sour taste with a characteristic aroma. The tasting score is 4 points out of 5 possible. Taste affects the composition of the soil and climatic conditions of growth.
- Bright green leaves are medium in size, differ in bent edges and wrinkles.
- Variety "Hercules" is resistant to decay, the bush is not afraid of prolonged rainy weather.
The first harvest of the raspberry variety is collected by the daughter of "Hercules" in the last days of June, the second - in the middle of August and before the onset of frost.Branch with raspberry berries Heracles
Advantages and disadvantages of the Hercules variety
Universal raspberry varieties that are suitable for all people engaged in the cultivation of berry bushes, no. Each plant has its advantages and disadvantages. By cons varieties "Hercules" include:
- Berries with pronounced acidity. From this grade it turns out fragrant compote, jam, rich jam, wine. Sour taste is compensated by sugar. Berries in their raw form will not always appeal to people. Raspberry "Hercules" is subjected to freezing with preservation of all taste.
- The extended period of fruiting. In some regions, the grown crop does not have time to ripen before the onset of frost.
- Spike shoots. When picking up fruits, it is likely to hurt your hands.
- Weak shoot formation. For the season will be able to get 3 escape replacement.
You may be interested in the following raspberry varieties:
Gardeners consider the Hercules variety's advantages:
- Abundant fruiting. On average, one fruit weighs 6 grams. With one bush gardeners with proper care get up to 3 kilograms of berries per season.
- Resistance to diseases and common pests, to gray rot.
- Good transportability.
Planting raspberry "Hercules" is not different from other varieties of repair shrubs. When choosing seedlings close attention is drawn to the roots. They must be developed, with no obvious signs of putrefying diseases, dry areas, as well as mold. Buy seedlings in early spring during the landing.Planting raspberries in the spring
Phased planting process:
- Site preparation. For varieties "Hercules" is suitable lighted place, without drafts. Raspberry tolerates blackout in the morning. It is advisable to plant young shrubs along the walls of houses, fences. For shrubs suitable southern part of the site.
- Trenches are being dug up on a selected piece of land.. The depth and width of the grooves is 50 cm. The length of the trench depends directly on the selected number of planted shrubs. The distance between the landings is at least 1 meter, and in the aisle - 2 meters.
- Fertilizer. 2 tablespoons of superphosphate mixed with a small amount of soil and ash are added to the prepared well. Roots before planting fall into the clay mash.
- Landing. For seedlings, the roots are carefully folded with their hands, and then the shoot is sank in a horizontal position in a trench. The recess is filled with a fertile layer. The soil at the escape is compacted, carefully watered with 5 liters of water.
Assess landing results after 2 weeks. On the edge of the territory with raspberries make a fence. Boards dropping into the ground by 20 centimeters. The design will prevent undesirable distribution of roots on a site.
Raspberry bush care
Care for raspberry varieties "Hercules" - moderate watering, surface loosening of the soil, the fight against numerous weeds and fertilizing. At the beginning of the summer, nitrogen compounds are introduced, and then complex compounds, in which nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus are present.
Thickening is a common problem. Gardeners recommend cutting overgrowths that are thinner than a pencil. Otherwise, the fruits of raspberry are minimized, the yield is reduced.Bush with ripe raspberry "Hercules"
Gardeners offer 4 ways to cut Hercules raspberries:
- Standard. Produced in the fall. As a result, shoots of 30 centimeters are left on the surface. In the spring, they release single-year lateral shoots. In early summer, a person receives 30% of the crop, at the end of 70%.
- Under the root. Shrubs are cut flush with the ground for 2 weeks before the first frost. Fruiting occurs later than with standard pruning, but will be more abundant.
- Double pruning. For the first time, a gardener prunes shrubs together with ovaries before flowering. The procedure takes place in mid-May. The second crop exceeds the expected volumes several times.
- Cutting tops. In the autumn season shoots are shortened by 40 centimeters. In this case, the first harvest will be 60% of the total.
To improve the quality and quantity of the yield will allow the use of proven agricultural practices:
- Installation of drip irrigation area. Makes watering effective, reducing man's labor costs.
- Pruning bushes provokes active growth.
- Regular feeding using organic fertilizers.
- Loosening the adjacent soil, which is aimed at improving the structure of the soil, especially after the rains.
- Control over humidity, elimination of over-wetting areas.
Raspberries are a perennial shrub, but being in one place reduces the quality of the berries. Gardeners recommend every 8-10 years to transfer it to a new, illuminated area.Sprig raspberry variety "Hercules"
The fear of gardeners is caused by the following signs:
- The appearance of gray spots on the shoots of raspberry shrubs and leaves, indicating anthracnose. As a preventive measure, regular drainage of the surface layer of the earth, full solar illumination is necessary.
- The defeat of the fruit ordinary raspberry. Perhaps with a joint planting "Hercules" and with other varieties of raspberry.
- The growth of purple spots on the leaves, leading to the complete destruction of the plant. Removing weeds, root shoots will prevent purple blotch.
- Damage to the bark indicates stem gallitsa. The affected areas are cut and burned at the stake.
Stop chemical treatment 4 weeks before harvest. Raspberry "Hercules" does not cause serious difficulties during planting and subsequent care.
Finally, we suggest to get acquainted with a small video about the raspberry variety “Hercules”: