Variety Uslada became widespread not so long ago, but gardeners and gardeners have already managed to love these wonderful pink apples for their great taste and unpretentiousness in care.
Description varieties of apples Delight
Let's start with the description. The variety of apples was discovered and brought out by the famous breeder Isaev, a follower and disciple of Michurin. The essence of his research was that he crossed wild and cultivated varieties of apples, trying to get in one variety all the advantages of one and another species.
In 1961, research and experiments were successfully completed. They passed in the research laboratory of Lomonosov Moscow State University. Immediately after this, the test samples were placed in natural habitat conditions. It was found that the Uslada apple variety is an ideal choice for those people whose gardens and summer cottages are located in rainy regions.
Variety not prone to scab (a disease that occurs due to the large amount of moisture). In addition, these apple trees safely tolerate the winter, so they will not have to worry about their freshness.
By itself, the tree does not grow large, a maximum of 3 or 4 meters, so the apple variety of Uslada is sometimes called dwarf. Crohn of such an apple tree the first years will be round, and then stretch out into an oval. Krona will have to constantly form and prune, as the branches grow too thick.
The tree does not start to bear fruit immediately, you have to wait several years from the moment of purchase, before the tree grows stronger and fruits appear on it. But then, when the apple tree begins to bear fruit in full force, it will be possible to observe regular harvests on it.
By themselves, the apples are green, the sides are beautiful, bright crimson. The color of apples is continuous, they keep well on the tree, so they will not crumble and be damaged. On the skin you can see dots. Under the skin, the flesh is mostly white, without any blotches, sometimes it can be slightly pinkish in ripe apples. The apples themselves are large, they grow on strong apples weighing up to 170 grams.Apple Varieties
As for the taste of this apple, the name speaks for itself. The variety is considered to be an elite, usually used for cooking sweet and dessert dishes. Real gourmets can catch raspberry notes in the taste of apples. The pulp is dense, juicy. The apples are well kept, they can be set aside for eating as raw, and let them to prepare various preparations for the winter.
Pros and cons varieties
What are the benefits of this apple variety?
- It tolerates winter.
- Not susceptible to diseases.
- This variety not afraid of moisture and accordingly the scab disease.
- Stable and large yields (if there are many apple trees of this variety growing in the garden, then you can think about growing apples not only for yourself, but also for commercial purposes).
- Apple tree does not require strong care.
- It grows well and bears fruit in the central regions.
The only disadvantage of this variety is that annually you have to cut off extra branches and form a crown. Of course, this occupation is burdensome, especially when the tree is not small.
You need to skillfully wield a saw and pruner, to have some skill, but it can be said with confidence that all these difficulties and inconveniences can compensate for incredibly tasty apples of the Delight variety that you can enjoy all autumn and part of winter.Size of ripe apples
Before deciding on planting apple trees, it is necessary to analyze the weather conditions and the area in which the planting is planned.
As for the central part of Russia, they should be planted in spring, at the time when the entire harvest occurs.
- Young saplings brought from the nursery (and it’s best to buy them there, because the probability of an annoying mistake or the fact that you are simply deceived by dishonest sellers is reduced to zero) need to plant in a previously prepared loose soil.
- After the apple tree has been planted in the ground, it is necessary to water the soil and fertilize it with manure. You need to understand that you need to fertilize the apple tree every season. A good fertilizer for apple varieties Uslada is wood ash. In the spring, the apple tree of Delight is recommended to be fed with nitrogen fertilizers, this helps to scare away insects and other pests.
- In order for the apple tree to grow and yield stable yields, you need to choose the right place for its planting. WITHIt should be sharpened where there is a sufficient amount of shade and the sun is not too bright.
- In order for the small and fragile seedling not to fall down, you need to place a special steady peg next to it, drive it into the ground and carefully but firmly tie the plant to it. In this case, the trunk of the tree should not be in contact with the plane of the peg.
- During the life of an apple tree, it is customary to ensure that the soil under it does not dry up, otherwise the root system will suffer from this and the apple tree will die.
- The root system of apple trees is superficial, therefore roots need to carefully cover for the winter with humus and spruce branches, otherwise, the apple tree will not tolerate the cruel Russian winter and, again, will perish.
The variety of apples Delight is self-pollinating, therefore, in order for pollination to take place sufficiently, the apple trees of this variety are planted next to other apple trees of any variety, however, pollination will occur when you plant a Pear or Papia next to Olad.Apples on the bush
It is not necessary to plant the apple trees away from each other, this will impede the process of pollination. If you plant one apple tree and do not take care of the apple trees in the neighborhood, then there will simply be no harvest, or it will literally have a few apples.
- Cutting is necessary only in the spring.
- First you need to inspect the entire apple tree for the presence of dry branches that appeared during the winter. They are no longer needed for the tree, they will create an additional load on healthy branches, so dry ones will have to be cut first. Cut them to healthy wood, dry ends on the branches do not leave.
- To cut the branches do not hurt, they must be lubricated with a special liquidwhich is sold in the garden shop.
- The crown should try to give an oval shape, not to leave too long and too short branches.
Apple tree brings the first harvest in late August - early September. If there is a desire for apples to lie in storage, then you need to pick them slightly unripe, then they are stored for about a month, over-ripe apples will not lie.
Besides, apples with broken sides, wormholes and other defects cannot be sent to storage. These apples rot themselves, in which they can spoil and those that lie nearby.Apple harvest
Diseases and pests
The apple tree variety Uslada is one of the leaders in confronting various kinds of diseases, and not only scab, but also various fungal diseases and pests are among them.
Since the apple tree does not require any special care, you only need to buy a solution for the prevention of diseases in the store and annually treat it with a tree trunk (this solution is a bit like whitewash).
Thus, the variety of apples Delight is a delicious delicacy, which is to the taste of both children and adults. Beautiful red-green apples with pleasant sourness can be easily grown on your own plot, as the tree does not require any special care, and the apples grow lovely.