The most beloved fruit of all - the apple, is considered the most revered of all fruits. It is a source not only of vitamin, but also of great fragrant pleasure when it was tasked by both children and adults.
Apple variety "Candy" - the best early variety in taste among all varieties. The name "candy" was due to the delicate aroma of honey and candy flavor.
Description of the sort of apples Candy
Follower of the great and famous biologist Michurin, a famous biologist, breeder, head of the selection of fruit crops S.I. Isaev - is the founder of this unique variety.
The earliest fruits can be obtained in two years on a low-growing stock. In the middle stock fruit bearing comes in 3 - 5 years of tree growth.
Grows in a temperate continental climate. It tolerates cold climate and low temperatures, has high rates of winter resistance and cold resistance.
Affected by severe frost trees are easily restored, continuing to grow and bear fruit in the future.The sweet apple variety has high yields.
This unique grade possesses high productivity.: up to 50 kg of apples can be harvested from a 5-year-old tree, and up to 100 kg of fruits from a more adult 10-year-old. At the same time, the yield is constant every year at the end of summer.
Abundant stable yield can be achieved on wet and fertile soils, with good drainage. Apple variety "Candy" brings harvest even in dark places.
Apple trees need help in pollinating varieties, since it is itself a self-productive variety. The following varieties can act as pollinators: Golden Chinese, Red Earlier, Orlovim.
Variety "Candy" is not recommended for industrial cultivation due to the difficult formation of the crown of trees and poor transportation of fruits.
Apple tree, candy variety:
Apple "Candy" was launched in the 40s of the last century in the All-Russian Research Institute of Horticulture named after I.V. Michurin, in the city of Michurinsk.
"Candy" obtained by crossing the famous Russian varieties: "Papirovka" and "Korobovka". In Russia, state trials began in 1971.
There is practically no analogue of this sort in the whole world.
Characteristics of trees and fruits
Apple tree - powerful, tall and fast-growing. In the first three years, the height reaches up to 3 meters, then there is a slow growth, not exceeding 5 meters.
The leaves are large and medium in size., leathery and durable, dark green. Contains a small inflorescence and pink flowers with white filling.
The fruits have a rounded shape and small size.. Characterized by slight ribbing on the surface. On mature fruits there is a weak wax coating. Mass varies from an average weight from 80 to 100 grams, to a larger one - 150 grams.
Cover color throughout the fruit has a blush of dark pink color with touches of red. Contains a large number of white subcutaneous points.
The flesh has a creamy tinge, excellent juiciness and a great honey and candy flavor.During harvest, the fruits of the apple tree. Candy categorically should not be shaken from the branches.
The funnel is wide but not deep. The core is heart-shaped with small brown seeds. The stem is an apple of medium length, its wide part is located to the junction with the branch.
Fruit storage is provided for 3-4 weeks. During harvest, the fruit should not be shaken from the branches.
Advantages and disadvantages
- wonderful sweet taste and juiciness of apples;
- intensely colored peel of the fruit, due to the high content of anthocyanins;
- due to the high level of biological energy - there are no analogues in the whole world;
- increased energy value, able to extinguish in the generation stage, the foci of inflammatory diseases in the human body;
- branches of trees well hold the weight of a huge number of fruits, while not breaking;
- no carrion;
- the presence of antioxidant properties;
- resistance to major infections;
- possession of high winter hardiness and frost resistance;
- fast, excellent and periodic fruiting;
- there is no feeling of acid fruit.
- poor resistance to scab;
- short shelf life of fruits;
- poor transportation intolerance;
- heavily thickened crown of trees requires periodic careful cutting.
Apple variety "Candy" grows mainly in the European part of our country, as well as in Belarus and Ukraine, where this variety is very much appreciated in amateur gardening, because of its unpretentious care.
In regions with a cold climate and low temperatures - Krasnoyarsk, Kemerovo and Novosibirsk. In the central part of Russia, cultivation of the variety takes place in the northern part of the Moscow region.Apple variety "Candy" grows mainly in the European part of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine
Planting rules seedlings
Saplings "Candy" can be planted in the ground in the spring and autumn periods. Warm days create optimal conditions for habituation and strengthening of the roots.
Do not plant seedlings in places:
- sandy dry;
- thick clay;
- near groundwater;
- near limestone rubble and slabs.
In the fall to plant trees follows to their active growth.
The best soil for seedlings are:
- sod-weakly podzolic;
- light loamy.
Prepared in advance pit for seedlings, with the introduction of fertilizers, based on 1 square. m required:
- for clay soil: sawdust, sand, lime, humus, mineral fertilizers;
- for sandy soil: peat, superphosphate, clay, potassium, lime;
- for peat soil: superphosphate, lime, potassium sulfate, manure, phosphate rock.
Cooking pit should be six months before disembarking, it is necessary to dig up the ground with fertilizer up to half a meter.
The landing site is protected from cold wind by artificial structures, it is possible to fence, or natural - forest, upland.
A few days before landing dig up the ground and shed it thoroughly. At the same time, it is necessary to get rid of weeds, completely tearing out their roots.Saplings of apple variety "Candy" can be planted in the ground in spring and autumn periods
Soaking seedlings in water for up to a day promotes moisture recovery. Broken roots must be cut with a pruner or a sharp knife.
The choice of seedling is determined by the following criteria:
- healthy bark;
- presence on the crown of 5 - 4 branches;
- the presence of vaccinations in 6 cm from the root;
- many roots;
- height - 1.5 m.
The sequence of planting seedlings:
- The distance between the trees to do at least 2 m.
- The depth and diameter of the pit is: with good soil - 60 cm; under the land of waste - 70 cm, with a diameter up to 100 cm.
- Mixed with fertilizers: organic - 1 bucket of humus; mineral - 200 g superphosphate, 300 g wood ash.
- Two thirds of the prepared mixture is filled in the pit. The root neck should be 5 cm above the ground, otherwise the process of rotting and death of the seedling will occur.
- The roots must be distributed exactly along the bottom of the pit.
- Strengthen seedlings for stability with peg supports.
- Make a hole and make watering, about 2 buckets per sapling. This provides apple survival and protects against freezing.
- To grind a hole with a layer up to 5 cm. It promotes access of oxygen, humidity and a crust on a surface.
- Tie seedling trunks with a cloth or roofing felt, from sunburn, frost and rodents.
Care of seedlings in the first 2-3 years consists in removal of weeds and continuous watering. In the summer it is necessary to water once a month, using 3 buckets of water.
In the autumn, on warm days, it is necessary to water 1 time in 3 days, 10 liters per tree. It is possible to contain pristvolny circles of saplings under black steam. In the summer, planting sideratov promotes decomposition of leaf mass.
Fruiting apple trees require watering according to their age: (1 year - 1 bucket).
Fruit trees need watering:
- until bud break;
- 3 weeks after flowering trees;
- 3 weeks before harvest;
- after harvesting, during the fall of the leaves.
Watering the apple during fruit picking is undesirable.Watering candy varieties of apple trees during fruit harvesting is undesirable.
From rodents, after 5 years, apple trees must be tied with reeds, parchment or spruce branches. With the onset of frost, pristvolnye circles mulch with the help of manure. In warmer neighborhoods, hilling is 15 cm.
In the early spring period, seedlings are fed as follows:
- April - urea - 2 tbsp. spoons per 10 liters of water;
- May June - foliar top dressing - liquid solution "Ideal" or "Sodium HUMATE" - 1 tbsp. false on 1 bucket of water;
- September - root top dressing - superphosphate - 2 tbsp. spoons on 1 bucket of water.
During the season, fruiting trees are fertilized 4 times:
- April - 500 g of urea.
- After watering, by the time of flowering, insist in 20 liters of water:
- potassium sulfate - 80 g;
- liquid superphosphate - 100 g;
- urea - 50 g
- After flowering, dissolve in 20 l of water:
- dry "sodium humate" - 2 g;
- nitrophosphate solution - 100 g
- After harvesting, make under each tree:
- potassium sulphate - 300 g;
- superphosphate - 300 g;
- humus - 1 bucket.
How to trim?
Pruning qualitatively affects the yield of the variety., helps to maintain the shape of the crown of the tree. The pruning process is carried out in the spring before flowering, and in the autumn, after harvesting the entire crop.
The crown of the trees is thinned out, because of its sprawling form. These procedures must be done, otherwise the trees may die.
Summer pruning apple "Candy" is not recommended due to the intense circulation of the internal juices of the trees.Candy Apple varieties need to be pruned
Pruning should be carried out for branches:
- growing inside the tree;
- directed parallel to another growing branch;
- acute angle;
- in contact or intertwined;
- thickening tree crown;
- small twigs;
- cracked or broken.
Young seedlings pruned after planting. The top of the trunk is cut with a pruner, and young buds are left below. This will help trees grow properly in the future.
Young branches are easily trimmed with shears, and the stronger ones can be cut with a saw.
Diseases and pests of apple
Pest Control - Spraying via:
- 3% oxychloride solution or bordeaux liquid, until the bud break;
- the drug "Raek" - 2 ml per 10 l of water, up to 4 treatments;
- the preparation “Skor” - 2 ml per 10 l of water, per tree from 2 l to 5 l of solution;
- drug "Olekuprit" - 400 g per 10 liters of water, in the spring to eliminate the hedgehog, aphids, mites and scytis
- “Karbofos” preparation - 60 g per 8 l of water, from leaf pests.
Also, apple trees are attacked by pests: mice and hares. In the fight against rodents trunk and lower branches tied with spruce.
Apple variety "Candy" - unpretentious popular plant by gardeners. The minimum cost of growing such a beautiful tree, gifted with magic apples with alluring taste.
Such a wonderful variety should grow in the garden of every connoisseur of apples.
Apple Candy or my favorite "zalepuha":