If the pressure jumped and the headache hurts, you can eat a little cherry plum, about two hundred grams. The pain will pass, the body will recover. On the healing properties of this plant is mentioned in the Vedic treatises ayuverdy. From cherry plums do famous tkemalevy sauce. This southern plant is well acclimatized in the gardens of the temperate climate zone.. Let's take a closer look at the features of planting and caring for this plant in central Russia.
We grow cherry plum in the middle lane and Moscow region
Tkemali, plum, migrated to the European continent from Transcaucasia and Asia. The tree is unpretentious and able to interbreed with plums, peaches, cherries, cherries and apricots. These properties allowed breeders to bring varieties that are well-established in middle latitudes.
In the 19th century, tkemali were crossed with a Chinese frost-resistant plum. The hybrid has received the name "Russian plum". This plant was the basis for the breeding of many varieties that can grow in the middle zone. Some varieties withstand thirty degrees of frost.
Why you need to grow plum in the country, the dignity of the tree
Gardeners have long and successfully grown a tree, even in more northern latitudes, for example, the Kirov region. There are varieties that can be planted in the Far East. Therefore, the statement that the southern plant alcha is not quite true.
Russian plum has several advantages:
- grows in almost all soils. But too acidic and alkaline earth endures poorly. This deficiency can be corrected. The increased acidity of the soil is neutralized by adding lime or dolomite flour (per 1 square meter of approximately 300 grams). In alkaline soil make gypsum, in the same proportion;
- gets accustomed quickly and begins to bear fruit after a year;
- high yield. Some varieties can produce up to 30-35 kg per tree;
- since I come from the south tolerates heat well;
- individual varieties ripen in late Julyearly August;
- get divorced in different ways: you can graft, graft and plant bends;
- beautiful early honey plant;
- contains vitamins useful for human health, minerals, acids. Recommended for many diseases;
- widely used in cooking. They make sauce, jam, compotes, marshmallow, marmalade, sherbet from cherry plum. It turns out tasty and aromatic wine and tinctures.
All these advantages have made Russian plum, so called cherry plum, a popular plant among gardeners.
Thanks to the efforts of breeders, varieties that take root in frosty winters are bred. At the same time significantly improved the quality characteristics of the fetus. Drugs became bigger. Yield increased. The shape and color of the fruits of different varieties of trees pleases with its diversity, from amber-yellow to burgundy and purple. You can choose varieties with different qualities. Sweeter, sour-sweet, juicy or those that are suitable for drying.
Most of all took root in middle latitudes:
- varieties Shater, Kuban comet, Found. These are varieties that have enough large fruits (up to 40 grams) burgundy with yellow flesh. All three varieties tolerate winter well. Differ yield. Mature in August.
- varieties Gift of St. Petersburg, Golds of the Scythians, Maar. These are low-growing and medium-growth frost-resistant varieties with yellow berries. The fruits are not very large. Appreciated for disease resistance and good winter hardiness.
- Traveler Grade. Early Russian plum with burgundy fruits. Good pollinates other varieties of cherry plum.
- Lama. Very beautiful tree with bardo-purple fruits and reddish leaves. Fruits up to 40 grams.
- Alycha large-fruited Kuban comet
- Alycha large-fruited Found
- Alycha large-fruited tent
- Alycha Lama
- Cherry-plum frost-resistant Gift of St. Petersburg
- Cherry Stumpy Golden Scythians
- Little cherry undersized maara
- Early variety of cherry plum Traveler
When is it better to plant a tree in spring or autumn?
If you decide to plant plum in the country or garden, then it is better to do it in the spring, but to purchase the plant in the fall. At this time, a larger range of planting material. During the autumn planting there is a risk that the tree will not have time to take root before frost.
Sapling bought in autumn can prikopat. To do this, make a hole to half a meter. Lay the tree at an angle to the south. They are added dropwise to the middle of the stem and sprinkled with earth on top.
How to plant plum
In most cases, the soil in the middle latitudes with high acidity, so you need to make lime. It is necessary to plant several seedlings at once so that they pollinate each other..
Although cold-resistant varieties are bred, by nature plum is a thermophilic tree. Therefore, planted on the south side, in places protected from the wind. Loves the plant plenty of light.
- dig a hole in depth and around the perimeter up to 70 centimeters;
- distance between landing pits from 2.5 to 3 meters;
- the soil is well loosened, add humus, lime, mineral fertilizers (double superphosphate-500 grams);
- at the bottom of the pit pour a mound;
- seedlings are planted slightly shaking the roots;
- fixed near the supporttied to a tree;
- good waterup to 4 buckets of water;
- tops cut off;
- on top the soil is mulchedcan be peat.
More winter-hardy seedlings obtained from the layers.Saplings in containers can be planted without holes, slightly prikopat and pour the earth on top.
In the first year after planting trees can not feed, as they will have enough fertilizer applied during planting.
Trees older than two years in the spring feed. Before the tree starts to bloom, ammonium nitrate (up to 90 grams per square meter) is introduced, in early summer potassium (up to 50 grams), superphosphate (up to 180 grams).
In the early spring, water is diverted so as not to heat the roots. At the same time, pruning is carried out. Remove dried branches. Thin out the crown, leaving the branches, which are located at a distance of 20 cm from each other. The tops of the branches pinch.
The old bark is removed and the trunk is treated with a solution of copper sulphate (3%). In April, sprayed from pests.
If the spring is dry, then the plant is watered in the spring 2-3 times..
Summer care for cherry plum
- Watered 3-4 buckets every 10 days.
- Loosen the soil around the tree.
- If a powerful ovary, then install props.
In August, they feed organic fertilizers diluted with water.
Preparing a tree for winter
- Make one more fertilizing organic and mineral fertilizers.
- Before the leaves fall, watered deep under the root (up to 40cm). For these purposes, make the deepening.
- Clean dead bark, lime stem, carry out another spraying against pests.
- Root shoots clean, the leaves are harvested and burned.
If there is a hollow or wound on the trunk, then they are covered over. One of the recipes: 150 grams of copper sulphate, 2.5 tablespoons of lime and ash per 5 liters of clay diluted with water.
How to trim plum, the formation of the crown
The best time to form a crown and prune trees is early spring, before the movement of juices begins.
Like a plum form the crown in the form of a bowl. The first year is allocated and left three branches, with an inclination of up to 60 degrees. In the second and third year, three more skeletal branches are left. Do it evenly around the perimeter, so as to get a circle. The tops are cut by the level of the third skeletal branch. Cut large branches treated with garden pitch.Formation of a crown of cherry plum in the form of a bowl
Non-frost resistant varieties are best formed as a bush.. In winter, they wrap themselves in snow and more easily tolerate frosts. To form a bush branches shortened to half a meter and bred to the side (up to 6 branches). Weights are used for this purpose.
The first years of the summer pruning after harvest. The tree at this time is powerfully developing, and the branches can reach 2 meters. Therefore, they are cut about 70 cm.
Cherry-plum along with traditional fruit trees, apples, plums, apricots, cherries took a worthy place in the gardens of the middle zone and the Moscow region, as with the right care, you can get a high yield. The fruits of the tree are a storehouse of useful substances. A high content of vitamins C and A, treats avitaminosis. Helps rid the body of radionuclides and harmful heavy metals. Treats a cold. Recommended for people with high blood pressure and rheumatism. Cleans the blood.
In addition, it is a tasty berry. It is suitable for preservation, drying. In cooking, many recipes of dishes with Russian plum. Why are only marinated tomatoes with cherry plum.