Against the background of a huge number of varieties Red-cheeked apricot stands out for its unpretentiousness. Among gardeners, it is valued as a tasty and attractive red-cheeked fruit, as described below. With proper care, apricot yields generous yields.
Description of Apricot variety Krasnoshcheshky
The tree of the described apricot variety has a spreading crown. Refers to high growing trees. Height can reach 4 meters. Due to the timely and correct formation of the crown, you can get a low spreading tree. The name of the variety is due to the red-cheeked color of ripe fruits.Red-cheeked apricot variety
Characteristic of fruits:
- weight one apricot - 50 grams;
- the form fruits often rounded;
- the pulp quite soft, juicy and porous;
- in taste sweet-sour notes predominate;
- bone easily separated from the fruit;
- fruit starts at 3-4 year.
The variety belongs to trees of long-lived, the ability to bear fruit lasts up to 50 years To care for such a tree is a pleasure for gardeners.
There is very little information about the homeland of apricot and its origin. It is known that for the first time, red-cheeked fruits were seen in the mountains of Central Asia. Later varieties began to grow in Armenia. And only after the war, the Crimean breeders of the Nikitsky Botanical Garden gave him a new life. On its basis, many red-cheeked hybrids are derived.
Today, this variety is considered competitive among the European origin of apricots. By virtue of their unpretentiousness, the breeders made sure that the tree felt comfortable regardless of the region. Breeding allowed to expand the growing area of red-chewed apricot.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Fruiting apricot it does not keep you waiting, you can taste the first fruits from the tree already for 3 years.
- Sort does not require additional pollination and the presence of a number of other apricots.
- Late bloom allows you to avoid the damaging effects of spring frosts.
- The tree develops well and fruits on the soil of any type.
- Red-cheeked apricot has increased frost resistance. Not afraid of drought.
- Despite disease resistancesubject to some infections.
- Does not like excessive moisture, fogs and rains contribute to the development of moniliosis.
- Worse fruit in lowlands and wet soils.. In winter, young shoots can be damaged by frost in such soil.
Characteristics of trees and fruits
The crown of the tree is powerful, the branches are sprawling, strong. The plant is not afraid of strong winds. Particularly popular grade earned high yields. From one tree you can collect 10 buckets of apricot. Saplings, to a greater extent, take root easily and withstand low temperatures. There are no special requirements for planting young shoots. Thanks to the thick bark, the crown is protected from damage. The tree loves a lot of light.
It develops excellently in open areas. Being a hardy variety, it tolerates the conditions of the “Russian winter” well. These trees will be a worthy decoration of any garden. Ripe apricots have a golden-orange color. Distinctive feature from other varieties - red barrel. The skin of the fruit is dense, velvety to the touch. The aroma of fruit in fractured form is pronounced.Fruits Apricot Red-cheeked
Fruits ripen in the second half of July. Due to uneven ripening, harvesting must be carried out in several stages. This approach will avoid shedding apricots. Variety tolerates transportation. Ripe fruits are in demand for resale in the markets. After harvesting, fruits can be stored for up to 10 days.
Growing region and adaptation in other regions
The variety has proven itself well, and its hybrids in the northern part of the southern zone, south-western regions. In Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Crimea, the North Caucasus and the Volga region. Unpretentious apricot allows you to see this variety on the garden plots in many parts of Russia. It is widely distributed in Rostov-on-Don and Krasnodar. The growing geography is too rich to list all the regions. In the South, the red-cheeked miracle can be found in almost every yard.
Yield and storage
Productivity depends on the care of the sapling from the moment of subsidence to fruiting. If the recommendations of experienced gardeners are met, the result will certainly please. Harvest volume can be increased by collecting fruits in 3-4 stages. The remaining fruits on the tree are poured and increase in volume after each harvest. This technique will solve the problem of storage, fruit can wait in the wings on the tree for up to 3 weeks.Red-cheeked apricot can be stored in dried form (dried apricots)
Depending on their further use, the fruits of different maturity are torn off. Overripe apricots are suitable for drying, and food - moderately ripe without damage. If it is proposed to transport fruit over long distances in order to market it, it is necessary to collect slightly ripened light yellow-colored fruits. Any apricots are suitable for canned food. Practical hostess will find them a worthy use.
It depends on the correct planting of seedlings how actively the tree will grow. Compliance with the rules is a guarantee of a generous harvest. So that this process does not seem too complicated, it is enough to follow the following sequence.:
- Before planting you need to dig a hole. The size of the pit should be calculated on the root system of the seedling. The young tree must be placed in a hole; it is unacceptable to leave roots sticking up along the edges.
- The bottom of the pit must be filled with fertile soil and plenty of water. To bury a sapling so that the root neck was slightly covered with a ground. Around the landing ground tamp, once again watered and insulated foliage.
- The best landing time is the second half of autumn.. However, this does not mean that the landing can not be done in the spring. This should be done with the onset of warm nights. Saplings of spring planting require more frequent moderate watering.
- To sapling well acclimatizedAfter planting, watering is done under the root in a volume of up to 30 liters. Watering in the form of a light "rain" under the trunk will not give the proper result.
- Week later take root the plant will need feeding complex composition of fertilizers. This is a very important point not to be missed.
Care and pruning
Apricot seedlings do not require reverent care, following the recommendations of experienced gardeners can accelerate the growth of the tree and increase its yield. Above it is described that the variety is afraid of moisture and shading inside the trunk with branches. therefore It should regularly loosen and mulch the soil under a tree. This is done in order to the air to the root system, and the excess moisture evaporates. Otherwise, the roots will rot, followed by the death of the seedling. Watering is particularly important during the period of active growth of apricot.Regular pruning of apricots is one of the necessary conditions for obtaining a good harvest.
Starting from the first year of growth, the tree should be formed by pruning. Formed crown need to periodically rejuvenate, get rid of overgrowths. Slices of thick branches, to prevent disease, paint over with a special compound or oil paint. The barrel at the bottom is lime white with the addition of copper sulfate. Preferably the procedure is carried out in the fall.
Diseases and pests
The grade, unpretentious to leaving, is not especially susceptible to diseases. Therefore, it is popular with gardeners. However, this does not mean that you need to let everything take its course. Without waiting for the symptoms, handle the crown, branches, leaves. Most often due to improper care and untimely spraying of red apricot, the following diseases may occur:
- Stone bone cocomicosis
- Apricot fruits damaged by moniliosis
- Apricot klyasterosporioz
Symptoms of the disease manifest themselves in different ways. It is very difficult to treat fungal lesions, it is much easier to prevent their development by preventive measures.. In the gardener's arsenal should always be means for spraying. With moniliose, the drugs Horus and Bordeaux mixture are well recommended.
Given the fact that fungal spores are quickly spread by wind, a whole garden can be infected from one diseased tree.
Instead of conclusion, it should be noted that in caring hands any tree will perk up and begin to grow actively. Compared to other varieties, this one is the most unpretentious. Gardeners love working with him. The article describes the description of a variety of apricot Krasnoshcheky in detail. By planting such a seedling in your plot, you will be provided with fruits for the whole season.. Generous harvest you!